Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Max and I went to the beach after all today.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Max and I went to the beach after all today.

We went to East Beach on Galveston Island and though I've not been there in almost 4 years I was still able to find my way. We parked and Max & I walked down the beach. Max reverted to his old self and proceeded to chase and bite every wave that came into shore. I realized on the way home that if I understood dog speak a little more I might have recognized the whining to mean, "Daddy, I haven't had that much salt water in a long time and I think I'm going to be sick."
Ah well, the car is officially mine as it has sand, hair and hurl in it. Thank Heaven I didn't need to donate any of those things at this time in my life. I was thinking on one of the first days I drove my new car that my usual christening of it would have been to smoke either a cigarette or a joint with a beer between my legs and the using the stick shift. (don't do it dAAve). Now, I don't even want to smoke in the car. The beer isn't going to happen. I must be older, wiser and sober.
Life is good.

5 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

no comment (as per instructions)

8:59 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

I love the beach!
I see you,
JJ

6:27 AM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Good for you for not smoking in the car. I rarely smoked in Snowy, but when I did I had the vent on and the windows cracked. And on long trips I had a coke bottle with some water in it for the butts. Smoking is sooooo disgusting to me now, but I will not preach about it. Just sayin'.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Stick shift. Joke. Coming. On. Must. Resist.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Beach, give me beach

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home