Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: And last but not least

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

And last but not least


Yesterday, after I got home from work, I took a nap. I know I was dreaming but I'm not sure about what. The doorbell rang once, then twice and I woke up and jumped out of bed and put on my pants and opened the door and there was Tim. Tim is one of "those guys" that I used to trick with back when I was drinking and doing drugs. I just now realized that it was over 2 years ago and yet they keep coming back! Was I that good in bed or is it more about how easy it was to get me to buy more drugs and let my stuff be stolen? I don't know how I did it! How could I spend almost every penny I had and still make it till the next paycheck? Anyway, Tim has a great body and he seems to be a pretty nice guy, for a hustler. He said, "Hi Larry. How are you?" I said, "Fine." He said, "Can I come in for a drink of water?" And then standing on my doorstep, I looked at him, then back in my apartment at my computer, TV etc. and then told him, "No, I can't let you in. I'm sorry." Then he went away. I WON'T GO BACK TO THE WAY I WAS!!! I put too damn much work into getting sober to give it all away for some guy who doesn't care about anybody or anything except getting high. It's hard for me to believe that after two years those guys are still out there doing the same old thing. Thankfully, I'm not.

8 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

I'm proud of you.
I see you,
JJ

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you're not and that you stood firm.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Great post! We have come a long way to not consider the consequences of old behavior. You did good, ole boy!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Good for you. It can be hard to say "no".

Why so surprised they're still at it? It was a miracle and a moment of clarity and your continued hard work and effort which has kept you from still being there.

Keep on keepin' on.

That was what I meant to type on the deleted post. Damned keyboard stuck and did odd things. Lol.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Good for you! Way to take care of yourself

2:13 PM  
Blogger Frugal in Houston said...

I AM SOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

A hard temptation (no pun intended) is so difficutlt to say no to. But you did it.....way to go!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home