Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: They've taught us well.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

They've taught us well.


I went to an art festival this weekend with my foster Mom and Sister. All three of us smoke. Foster Mom smokes like a chimney, lights one right off of another. Lucky for her, her hearing aids don't seem to pick up the comments people make when they smell the smoke. We were there for about 4 hours and in that time I smoked the same cigarette the whole time. A few puffs here a few puffs there. I was embarrassed. I told sis that I almost never smoke in public anymore. Then I lit up after lunch, in the picnic area and watched the woman beside us lift her nose in the air and sniff and sniff and then her head swiveled left and right as she tried to pinpoint where the cigarette smell was coming from. Then she said loudly, "I smell cigarette smoke! Let's move the kids." I put it out. I'll bet she drives a big SUV with dual exhausts that's polluting the atmosphere and doesn't think she's doing anything bad. I'm so mean.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

When you finally quit, you will be so relieved. I can't believe it's been 9 months since I had my last cigarette. Aside from the rare thought that I might like one, I don't miss it at all. And the smell, ugh, so nasty.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

That woman is tiny!

I meant to add that comment, but got carried away.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home