Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: My upstairs neighbor is having a party and

Thursday, April 06, 2006

My upstairs neighbor is having a party and

it's 4:00 am. I guess I'll be a nice guy and not call the cops. Oh well, I can get to work an hour early. What a day yesterday was. I put a proposal before my boss. One in which I told him I wanted to consolidate all of our files into one room (my current office) and would move myself to an adjacent office with a window. Becky and I could share it. Then we all win. We both get a much wanted window and we'll be able to access all our files much more easily. He didn't go for it.

What he said was that two days ago he finalized leasing more space for our group and that he was going to increase the size of several offices and then showed me a floor plan for the new space. Seems I'll be moving to a much larger, windowed office and that just outside of it will be this massive file room. Timing is everything.

He really didn't seem to take Becky's request for a window serious. She was disappointed and who can blame her. I suggested after the meeting that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. She laughed. I hope she gets what she wants, eventually.

Serenity Practice: Reciprocity

Program Principle: We live in a world of reciprocity. We will get as we give and give as we get.

"Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."

Author Unknown

6 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

I am glad that you got your window! I am sorry about Becky!

6:29 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Becky must use an Apple/Mac computer since she doesn't have windows.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Is that the upstairs neighbor that threatened Wade's life? I would stay from him for sure.

Poor Becky.

7:27 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

Still partying at 4AM....damn.....I remember when I use to do that.
I see you,
JJ

12:22 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Look what happened when I asked my neighbour to turn it down at 4am! Knives and fireworks.

Take it steady. :-)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Helloooooooooooooo?

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home