Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: DAAve took these pics of my car on Friday.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

DAAve took these pics of my car on Friday.



It was a special day because I finally just said "NO MORE WORK" and left my job at 11:30 am and got to Lambda for the 12:15 meeting. I haven't been to a meeting in months. I missed it but could just never leave (or so I thought). My 20 hour week had turned into a 38 hour week. I've decided not to work full time at this time and so there's no reason why I can't make a few meetings each week. We'll see how that goes. Anyway, I had a nice time, enjoyed the meeting and then 8 or so of us went to lunch at Luby's. I missed the fellowship. The other nice thing about going to lunch with the guys was that I was able to pay for my own lunch. I recently celebrated 1 year at my job (I was the only one who noticed the anniversary) but I still remember what it was like to live on what I was making before I went to work. I'm grateful everyday for the beginnings of becoming financially responsible. It will be a long road! I'm still sending the doctors, hospital, Radiology departments $10 a month. At this rate I'll probably pay them off in about 20 years. I still remember hearing that my financial life would change once I got sober. Heh Heh. I remember wondering when that would happen. It was a little slow at the start. I didn't believe it would ever happen again. Now, I'm not so sure. Buying this car, with the help of a friend, will help reinstate my credit rating for the first time since 1996. That's if I make all the payments on time (just kidding Toni). Other than the meeting on Friday I haven't done much this weekend. I've thought about driving somewhere just because I can. Galveston, Dallas, San Antonio well I haven't been able to decide. Plus, in a couple weeks I'll be driving to PA so I guess I'll just wait till then. I hope this trip goes better than I think it could. I'm just worried that I'll get too tired to drive after just a short while. I've not driven that far alone since 1981. Needless to say, I'm not as young as I once was. I just need to keep telling myself that it's an adventure. I'll try and blog along the way. Don't most library's have internet access? Have a good week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

That little car is cute, cute, cute.

Now that you're back, you will notice some of us have dropped the word verification thing. Maybe you will consider doing the same.

12:10 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

You can maybe just take your computer and blog from it. Seems that most places have wireless access - or whatever you call it.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

8:57 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Cool new car....I need a new car.
I see you,
JJ

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home