Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: It's 10 minutes to midnight and I should be asleep.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

It's 10 minutes to midnight and I should be asleep.

This is the view I get to enjoy on my way to work each day. It was raining and that's why there weren't any joggers along the path on the right.

Of course I've been laying in bed for the past hour trying to get to sleep but it's almost impossible with visions of brightly colored cars dancing in my head! I just finished going through my medicine cabinet looking for a sleep aid but I have none. Now I'm trying Chamomile Mint tea. I wouldn't be awake right now if I was still drinking. I'd have passed out by 10:30 pm at the latest. Just today I thought about my old drinking life. My friend Chris called and asked for a ride to the Laundromat at 3:30 pm. The old Larry would be sleeping off the wine that I would have picked up just after noon when it would be available on a Sunday. Because I wasn't drinking I was able to take him there and pick him up afterwards too. We both acknowledged that my life certainly has changed for the better since I started going to AA. And now some of you are going to say, What? Larry is going to AA??" No, I haven't been going to meetings in months. I'm embarrassed to say this but I saw Bob S. At Hollywood Video one day and couldn't remember his name. It was just after my mugging and so I blamed it on the concussion. Then just one day later I saw tall Don (can't remember his last name now) at the post office and I couldn't remember his name until he'd left. Don't worry DAAve and Scott, I can't forget either of you. I sort of feel like I used to just before I went to a bar or my first AA meetings. For some reason I don't want go in alone. I know that's dumb. I know that if I walk in and I can't remember someone's name I can always call them Baby, Honey, Sweetie, Pal or Buddy or Missy. Maybe no one would notice. Ah, I'm just kidding. Blogging is so good for my soul. I've missed this and all of you. Don't be surprised if you see me at a meeting this week Honey. This tea is good. Night.

3 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

What's your name?...lol
I see you,
JJ

11:42 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

it would be good to see you come back, whoever you are.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Sounds like you have been away too long.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home