Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I learned a valuable lesson at work yesterday.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I learned a valuable lesson at work yesterday.

My boss called me into his office yesterday and asked me if I could help send out manifests for a while or until we hire and train someone else to do it. I said sure and went to see what that meant. It's extremely time consuming and confusing. Lots of if's and's and but's. I stupidly went back to the boss to see if he knew just what the job entailed and that's when he got red and said in a very calm voice that he didn't care what it took...just that it needed to be done. I said OK, no problem and got out of there! He is the nicest guy I've ever worked for. I've never seen him angry and I don't ever want to. He really doesn't know or care how we do our jobs...he just cares that it gets done right and on time. Oh well. The old, drinking Larry would have fretted and obsessed over the whole incident. And yes, I know I'm writing about it, but the fact is I'm not worried about it. I just consider it a learning experience. I've still got a lot to learn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

Wow! Powerful!

6:29 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

Learning is good.
I see you,
JJ

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home