Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Too Bad

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Too Bad

Generally When You See Someone using a payphone in my neighborhood, and it's 5:30 am., you tend to think their cell phone has died and they're calling 911 or else they're looking for drugs. This morning I heard the voice of a guy on the phone across the street as I was walking Max. I recognized him right away and thought there go I but for the grace of God. I remember him from about 2 years ago. Too bad. So, almost home and 3 people, 2 guys and 1 girl are doing the "Power Walk" towards their next hit of crack and I recognize the girl. She used to live across the street at the Women's Shelter and Max would always stop to say HI on our walks. She had gotten her life together and was working as a transcriptionist in a large hospital in the Medical Center. She got her own apartment and I'd see her from time to time in the neighborhood. Today she looked thinner that I remember her and she was missing a front tooth. She was still in her scrubs so I don't know if she's still working or what. She was nice when she was sober. Too bad.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Compassion...Im getting better at this. I think you are as well :)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home