Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Dodge charger

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Dodge charger

Back, way back when I was in my 20's I got to drive a Dodge Charger. Boy it was a sweet car. I was working as a stockboy for a local store called Lloyd & Johnson's. It was hard work but I liked it.

dodge charger
Originally uploaded by
LgJones.
That's also where I got to meet and work with Patti L. She was this feisty, 5' high Italian woman who was so funny. She and I hit it off immediately and became fast friends at L&J. Some years later, my Mom started to work there too and she and Patti became fast friends. I'd stop in from time to time and visit. Patti never seemed to change. Always outgoing and friendly to everyone. After my father died and Mom had sold the house she went to live in a duplex and guess who lived on the other side. Patti of course. Amazing that she could have affected our lives so continuously through those many years. She's still a great friend to both my Mom and our family and we're so lucky.

3 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

The Chargers from the late 60's / early 70's were great. Red ones, of course.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story about Patti. Good friends, the kind that stick with you for life are very hard to find :)

5:23 AM  
Blogger Scott W said...

More posts, please.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home