Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Sometimes I Forget

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sometimes I Forget

that my dog is as smart as he is. We just had a moment of pure communication. I was reading the paper and he came over a licked my hand so I petted him for a few minutes and then stopped. He licked me again and I looked down and said, "What?" He sat down and just looked at me. I asked him what do you want. He looked at me then looked at the drawer where I keep his ball. Then he looked back at me. I said OK, I guess we can do that. He starts to whine a little and wag his tail. I said let me get my shoes on and we'll do it. He starts jumping around and barking. I never once mentioned the ball but he knew what he was asking me to do and that I had agreed. Now he does have me trained to open and close the door on command. He nudges the umbrella hanging on the door knob when he wants out and when he wants in he jumps up on the window sill and looks at me until I let him in. It's so nice of him to let me live here.

2 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

do you have to pay him rent?

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a riot, great story. I used to have an English Bulldog that would sit at the kitchen table in a chair with us, if someone was in his seat, he would bark until they moved..Be good to Max and he'll be good to you.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home