Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Sometimes I Wonder....

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Sometimes I Wonder....

if I'm all there? On Monday my friend Mike and I were doing errands and he asked if it would be alright with me if we went to Spec's as he needed to order some deviled eggs for a party. Spec's is this huge liquor warehouse where I used to shop from time to time. I was thinking I hadn't passed that test yet so I said sure and we went. We ordered his food and on the way out went down a few rows as he decided which bourbon to buy. We went down the Vodka row and I started thinking. I used to drink that brand, oooh that brand is good for a martini with olives, that's the brand I used to drink with tonic, etc. etc. Suddenly I said, I've got to get out of here! I waited in the car for him to finish up. The only good thing that came from that trip was I managed to buy a hot/cold carrying bag. There's no AC in my car and the last time I brought popsicles home they were slush. So today after cleaning my friend's apt. I stopped at the store and bought more popsicles, chicken and milk and was thinking as I got to the car about that bag I bought and giving it a test run. I set down my stuff and wrestled with the bag to get it open, finally did, put the popsicles and chicken in it and finally got it to snap shut. Not the easiest bag I've ever used and then came home. My milk was gone. It was still sitting in the parking lot at Kroger's. Dumb, Dumb, what was I thinking? Drove back right away and knew the milk would be gone. It was. Checked in the store and yes some good Samaritan turned it in and I was able to get a new one. See there are good people in the world and I guess they shop at Kroger's.

5 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

I love senior moments. Might as well, cause they ain't gonna go away.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

You hadn't passed "that test"????? Eh? Why put yourself through the stress? Who is testing you and who is handing out certificates?

Be careful my friend. Recovery is NOT a series of tests...

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry

Glad to hear that you got out while the getting was good. I went to dinner last night with a friends who introduced me to several more new friends in recovery. Attached to the restaurant was a lunge that another friend in recovery was playing at...hes a great guitarist..after 20 minutes of sitting there, I knew it was time to leave. Even though everyone was clean and sober, I could feel it in my body..

9:10 AM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Have to agree with Roots, well said!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Larry? Larry? LARRYYYYYYYYY????? Are you there????? I need something to read :)

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home