Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: My Mom Called Me Yesterday

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My Mom Called Me Yesterday

to see when I was coming home for a visit and to ask how the job was going and when I thought I'd be through. When I started here, I really thought I'd be here for 4 to 6 months, get their files in order, clean up the backlog and move on to the next job. I figured I'd get a good reference and perhaps be able to do the same time of work for another company. When Mom asked me when I thought the job would be over, I started laughing. While I'm holding my own, I could very easily fall behind. My new estimate of when this job could be finished is sometime in the year 2008. Maybe not even then. Looks like if I want it, I've got myself a job. I really do enjoy it. Guess I'll stay.

Yesterday after I posted I emailed my boss with much the same thing I said here. He emailed me back and said yes I would get an excellent reference but only if I ever finished the job and considering the girl's feelings about filing he thought this could go on indefinitely at least in a limited capacity. He said let's wait and see what the future brings. What a nice guy.

3 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

Why not?

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think its great that you have found a job that you like, and fits your schedule. Seems like you are starting to find the balance...thats a great feeling huh.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I just wanted to give a quick greeting and tell you I enjoyed reading your material.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home