Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: All in a Morning.

Friday, June 17, 2005

All in a Morning.


72_torino_wagon
Originally uploaded by
LgJones.
This isn't my current car. I have a 1993 Subaru Impreza, it's smaller than this, cuter, turquoise and gets waaay better gas mileage. I used to have a Torino like this. It was the first, no second car I've ever owned that burned. The first one was the Taxi I drove...But that's another story. Today's post is about my not very perfect morning. Because every time I take my car to the shop and ask them to fix something electrical they say we don't know how to do that and so I decide to take my car to a bonafide Subaru dealer and get it inspected and have them check out a few things and give me an estimate on what it would all cost. Three hours and $181.20 later I've gotten a bulb, a fuse and my clutch adjusted. That's it. The main costs were for the time it took to estimate the estimate. They wanted $89 to estimate the cost of fixing the AC. I told them some other time. When the service guy came and told me how much it was (and they hadn't fixed anything yet) I yelled at him. He didn't deserve that, he's nice, and I apologized immediately. I felt like crying. I then thought of AA. Gratitude I thought. Where can I get gratitude out of this. I sat outside on a golf cart and smoked a cig and enjoyed the cool breeze. I thought I'd be able to work extra the next two weeks to help pay back the money I owe my sponsor (Nor Nor) and still get the car fixed eventually. Seven weeks ago that wouldn't have been an option as I wasn't working. Something else to be grateful for. I enjoyed the breeze some more (grateful for that too) and thought at least I have my health. Thought of Doughgirl again and said a prayer that everything would work out ok for her. So in the space of 20 minutes I went from angry to grateful thanks to AA. So I went in and apologized again to Donny the service guy and that's when he told me he couldn't do the inspection because they can't inspect cars older the 1995 and he'd just found out. I took it calmly and said no problem. Ahhhh Serenity. So on the first of July I'll try again somewhere else to get my car inspected as I'll have both my work and SS check and hopefully everything will work out and I'll be able to pay my current debts to Nor Nor and maybe even get started on saving up for air conditioning. LOL Will wonders never cease.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Hannen on making the ammends right away. We are not perfect, sometimes anger gets the best of us, but you took all the necessary step and even went a little further.

Thanks for your prayers..leaving in 45 minutes :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Try Sticker Express at Shepherd and Richmond, they seem to do things quickly. Keep up the good stuff and those wonders WILL never cease.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nor Nor thinks you id just fine. Luv, Norrie

4:24 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Try Sticker Express at Shepherd and Richmond, they seem to do things quickly. I had my 3 cats inspected there while their oil was changed.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

My sister had a Torino of that same make, except it was a brown sedan instead of a gold station wagon. That thing was HUGE!!!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You promised you would write more now that your schedule eased up at work :(

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home