Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: It's Up to Me

Thursday, May 05, 2005

It's Up to Me

I said those 4 words twice this morning. Once when I put on my cap and once when I had my coffee. I have a cap and coffee mug with that printed on them. They're from our 2004 Roundup, that was the theme. I remember being really frightened about going. I was newly sober and everytime I asked someone what the Roundup was all about they just said it would be fun and I should come. It seemed to me that it must have been some kind of secret society within AA. No one would give me any information about it, there were no pamphlets available and I couldn't get a straight answer from anyone. Even my sponsor wouldn't say much and just bought me a ticket. I went and it wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought it would be. It was OK. I met some new people, made some new friends and got to visit with some old ones. I had a nice time. I remember though that when I saw that logo on the cups I thought "I don't get it." What's it supposed to mean? I get it now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Boy,

You get what you need..and I needed to hear that..:)

2:05 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Keep coming back.
Get it?
LOL

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thinking, Larry. Keep it up! Norris

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home