Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Just one more day to go....

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Just one more day to go....

My little car will be due for an oil change when I get back. I'll have well over 4,000 miles on it by then. Just one more day to go...here and then I'm off to Houston and home. I'm ready. I've had a great visit and because of my timing I was able to attend two of my niece's graduations and one of their parties. The last niece doesn't graduate for 7 more years so my butt can take a rest from sitting on bleachers. They aren't anymore comfortable then they were when we were kids. You'd think something would get better with age.

I may be back by Monday night or more likely Tuesday morning. I have a feeling 11 or 12 hours of driving is all I can really do. We'll see. It's 5:20 am and the birds are just starting to sing. I'm at my brother's house. All are asleep. Yesterday, my sister-in-law, Margot and I spent the day together. First we went to Borders and I bought a Jonathan Kellerman novel and then Christoper Rice's newest book. If your not familiar with him, he's Anne Rice's son, gay and a pretty good writer. Then we were going to go to the Pittsburgh Arts Festival but it was getting warmer and because Margot is in the middle of treatment for her cancer we decided not to push it and went to the movies instead. We saw Prairie Home Companion. We laughed a bit and all in all it was pretty good. I think you'd have to be a fan of the show to enjoy the movie. There were so many big name stars in it. It's worth a rental or a matinee. Then we came home, I took my constitutional (nap) and got up and we ate stir fry that my niece Moira made and then we went to get ice cream and then to watch a softball game with the other niece Maeve as pitcher. They lost badly and it was hinted that it was all from too much graduation festivities the previous night. Oops. Just got back from a real cat fight. Had to separate the two kitties who live here. You'd think after 10 or so years they'd get along. Ha. Well, guess I'll go start that book. Can't wait to get back to my old but not really boring life. I see you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

Good uncles are very important. Thanks for being a good uncle. You are right, bleacher do hurt the middle aged rump.

6:30 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

ice cream good

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home