Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I was teasing my boss the other day at lunch

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I was teasing my boss the other day at lunch

and asked him when we were going to get some furniture in our reception area. He said he guessed he'd have to get his wife to go to Ikea. I said don't send her, send me. He said OK. He gave me no idea how much he wanted to spend or what kind or color of furniture to get. So I went scouting today and found one couch I really liked for a reasonable price which of course, wasn't in stock. Pick #2 was nice enough and the price was pretty inexpensive and it was comfortable. It's called brown but it's very close to plum and I think it will go nicely in our area. So, back to Ikea with the boss's credit card and the couch and chair will be delivered tomorrow. I decided to wait for the extras, like rug, lamp, end table and maybe coffee table until we see what kind of room is left. He agreed. So then he comes to my office and says he knows he didn't hire me to be the decorator and I said, Hey, I'm gay. I'm supposed to like this kind of stuff. He chuckled and then told me what he wants for the conference room. I said sure, I'll look. Hey it gets me out of the office a bit and I do like to shop while spending someone else's money. A perfect world!

3 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

Scott knows some really good places to shop for that type of stuff.

6:41 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Too cool. I'd love to do stuff like that. I see you,
JJ

9:03 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Don't forget to put it on your resume!

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home