Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Serenity Practice: Acceptance

Friday, March 17, 2006

Serenity Practice: Acceptance

Program Principle: Our very first challenge is to accept our present circumstances as they are, ourselves as we are, and other people as they are.

"Anything in life that we don't accept will simply make trouble for us until we make peace with it."
Shakti Gawain, Contemporary American teacher


I try for acceptance in everything I do. It's not always easy. I'm pretty easy going as far as other people are concerned. I'm pretty good with the circumstances of life but I do seem to have trouble with accepting myself as I am. There's always room for improvement. I'm my own worst critic. I'll keep working on it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

Accepting myself is very hard for me as well

2:29 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

I am so with you there brother. I am my own worst critic too. And I too keep working on it.
I see you,
JJ

8:32 AM  
Blogger Scott W said...

What brought this on?

12:44 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Thank you for the reminder. Especially accepting ourselves...this is huge!!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home