Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: This might just be all about me but...

Monday, November 07, 2005

This might just be all about me but...

I've had the same doctor for years and years. He's great, cute, a redhead and an expert on Aids and HIV. Very handy if you happen to be HIV+ like me. This really all started with the tooth. That one that is loose, still. I checked at the local dental clinic today and yes they still have me in their files and yes I can come back if I have my current bloodwork available. Doctor's office says last time was February so I have to get new. This sweet young girl at the Dr.'s office left a message this afternoon and then just called again a minute ago. I explained about the tooth and the bloodwork and she said come on in. I explained how I couldn't since the doctor got a new accounting person who suddenly surprised me with a bill for $500 and said I had to pay it right away. I've sent $30 in the last 3 months. I'm not happy about that but it's all I can send. And then I mentioned that he'd become too expensive for me anyhow. So I told her I was going to go to the local clinic instead and that it was a shame as that doctor has pulled me back from the brink of death a few times now. She really thinks she can get around the accounting person but I don't. She's welcome to try. It would make things easier but I'm going to go ahead with my original plan. While I was explaining to her about him I teared up and got all emotional. I haven't in the recent past given this the time and attention I should have and suddenly just got overwhelmed. I apologized for getting all weepy and we ended on a positive note. It's kind of funny how one thing leads to another thing that leads to another. You get my gist.

I need to add that I'm trying to work an eight hours a day this week to help make up for all the time I'll lose next week when I'm in PA. This is really hard for me to do. After 5 hours of paperwork all I want to do is sleep. Maybe I'll sneak a cot in to my office. Just a little 30 minute nap would do the trick. I wonder if anyone would notice?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I went to a great men's meeting tonight and we all talked about HIV and disclosure.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

How does that work that you get government benefits and work gives you a paycheck? Are you limited to the hours you work or the amount you make? Just curious.

9:28 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

I wish you luck...I'm hoping the girl and work something out with the accounting hag. Do what your body is telling you to do and sleep. Sleep are healing vabors to the soul. I do it all the time.
Hang in my friend and let me know if I can do anything.
Peace,
JJ

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home