Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I had a nice day today.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

I had a nice day today.

Woke up early and washed and waxed the car. Then I got brave and called my foster sister and asked if she'd be home this afternoon and could I stop by and visit for a bit. She suggested we meet at her Mom's and we could all visit. I haven't seen either one of them since I went in to the hospital in June of last year. J. and a few of my other friends were adamat that I be put in a rehab center of some kind. I only found out about this later, some months later. I wasn't angry but it seems these people had either written me off or just didn't want to see me anymore. They attributed my illness to alcohol. I hadn't been drinking before my illness, much, and they took the hallucinations and coma for results of withdrawal from alcohol. The docs were giving me some kind of hallucinogen which helps people in comas to come out of them. After much counseling from my sponsor and therapist I realized that I can't make people think what I want them to think. And basically, it's their problem and not mine. So after not talking to my foster sister for about 6 months or so, I called a few times but when we talked she sounded put out or not really interested in what was going on with me. I kept trying every month or so I'd call or email and eventually she'd return a call or email once in a while. Today was just a spur of the moment decision on my part to give it another try. We had a nice visit. I left after a few hours and I hope we'll continue to mend our fences. So when I got home another good old sober friend of mine pulled up as I was unlocking my door. Parker and I lived together for a couple years 8 or 9 years ago. Roommates, alcoholics together. Good party's. He got sober a few years before I did. He looked good and we visited for about an hour and while he was here he talked me into trying to put my profile on the internet in the hopes of getting a date. Haven't finished that yet but I guess I will, eventually. He does it all the time and I guess it works for him. I don't know how I feel about it. So put together dinner and then went to the center for Birthday night. Stayed till almost the end and then came home and here I am. I could have stayed for the Halloween party after the meeting but I just wasn't in the mood, even though I had a beehive wig in the car, just in case. Maybe next time. Hopefully dAAve will have some pictures tomorrow. Check out his post at www.texandave.blogspot.com He taught me how to put links in here but I've forgotten how. I hope that works. Night.

1 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

The one time I forget my camera ...

(you left before I had a chance to say hi /// you missed some great costumes /// i couldnt' help but chuckle re your comment on Ricky!!'s blog, that was Steve P, not Ricky!!))

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home