Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I knew when I got sober that I'd miss cooking.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

I knew when I got sober that I'd miss cooking.

It was such a big part of my life. There was nothing I liked better than picking out a new recipe, going to the store to get the ingredients, stopping at the liquor store to pick up a bottle and going home and getting creative. I knew that I couldn't be spontaneous or creative unless I was drinking. Luckily, it didn't turn out that way. As you know I sill like to cook. It's actually safer this way. No more burned potholders, burned fingers, chopped fingers, food poisoning ( I never did but sometimes it sure looked like it would cause that), smoke alarms going off, burned pots, etcetera. Now when I burn myself or nick a finger I think, oh well, that's life. I haven't' done a gratitude list on here in a while and I guess JJ's post is the catalyst for this one....

Today I'm Grateful For:
Friends both in and out of recovery.
My doggie.
That I can wear shorts and a tank top in October.
That my bicycle tires aren't completely flat
That I'm finally going to ride the darn thing
That my yard is getting prettier and prettier (still a work in progress)
That I now recognize my Higher Power. (not you dAAve)
(although you are part of it)
That I've made some real friends while Blogging
That my life is 100 times better than it was 2 years ago.
That I owe a lot of my new life to AA.
As JJ would say, Peace.

Do you think Blogger Spellcheck will ever learn the abbreviation AA?

Do you think Blogger will ever let me post a picture again? 2 days now and still trying.

3 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

I am grateful for you.
Peace,
JJ

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That I now recognize my Higher Power. (not you dAAve)
(although you are part of it)

FUNNY!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Now, that is an awesome list!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home