Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: HP works in mysterious ways...

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

HP works in mysterious ways...

My mom and her car.


Have you ever just thought of someone and the phone rings and it's them? That happens to me a lot. Yesterday, I got my haircut (I know dAAve, which one?) and my hairburner and best friend Mike asked me if I was still going home for Christmas. I said no as I couldn't really afford to go and it would be flu season and it's the worst time of year to be in any airport. Justify, justify. And that's all that was said. So, I go home and there are two messages from my brother asking me to call him. I immediately get worried that something is wrong with one of my family. Lance called me Sunday for the first time in months and I can't ever remember him calling me twice in one week, hence my panic. So he says nothings wrong but could I get off work for a couple days and come home, as a surprise, for our Mom's 75th birthday. He and my sister would split the difference. So, we booked a flight and I'll be flying in to Pittsburgh on the 12th and we'll have the big party with all of her friends and close family on the 13th. Then I'll come back the 16th which will give me time for a short visit. I think it's going to be fun. The last time I surprised anyone in my family with a trip home was for my parents 30th wedding anniversary. We had the party at my sister's house and my parent's friends took them out for dinner. After they got in and realized what was going on, I popped out of the stairwell and hugged my mom and dad. My dad started to cry (something he never did) and I then realized he'd had more than a bit to drink. Maybe it was because I told him I was moving back home and wanted to live with him and mom. I was just kidding but the threat may been enough to make him cry. Anyway, it was a good time and I've still got pictures from that adventure that I treasure to this day. I hope it goes as well this time. I can't wait!

4 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

that's great that they can see their sober son

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a cool story. I love to hear these "GOD THING" stories.

9:06 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Enjoy your trip.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

What a great picture!

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home