Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I was having a dream

Friday, October 21, 2005

I was having a dream



I just woke up. I was dreaming. This is what happened. We hired a guy to replace Brooke who is moving on to a better job. He's 6'5", ash blonde hair, blue eyes, muscular and handsome. I instantly don't like him but decide to give him a chance. He borrows stuff from my office and doesn't return anything. He acts like a bully. Like someone who used to tease me when I was in school. I really don't like him!
Now for reality. Brooke is leaving. We will be hiring someone to replace her. Last night, Chris and I were checking out some hunk I downloaded. I was bullied a lot when I was in school. Change can be scary. Change can be threatening. I don't like change. Don't ever borrow something from me and not return it! (bit anal there) Now that I think about it, he reminds me of one of my neighbors.
This is just an example of how my brain works, sometimes. Even while I'm asleep. My waking thoughts used to be like this when I was drinking. I'd always project and worry about what was going to happen. I'd run little scenarios in my mind. I don't do that anymore. At least not when I'm awake. Evidently my brain has it's own agenda when I'm asleep. It often slips back in to alcoholic thinking or is that dreaming?

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

Bullies need to be put in their place. Often, when you make it clear they will not get away with it, whether it be taking your stuff and not returning it or whatever, they will stop that behavior. If not, then just throw a great big nelly fit!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a hunk. SOrry to hear you had bad dreams.

4:14 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Wally Cleaver never played on the football team. I think Lumpy did, though.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home