Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I was invited to one of the best Halloween

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I was invited to one of the best Halloween

party's in Houston this year. It's called the Fantasy Ball and I've gone many times since 1983. My friends Jim and Jon invited me. This is a copy of the letter I sent them today.

I want to tell you how much I appreciate being invited this year to the party. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. At least not this year. To be honest I'm afraid to be around that many people whose main goal is to get drunk. I'm just not feeling very strong, right now. Sometimes I have no trouble going and being around alcohol and other times (like now, this week) it's almost all I think about. Maybe it's the full moon. Maybe it's my aching tooth. The pain makes me think about drinking it all away. I know, I know, not a solution. Anybody have an extra $1000 I can borrow? Oh well, not worth drinking over...At least not today. So, I'm glad you invited me and I hope you'll continue to invite me to things and I'll come when I feel strong enough not to succumb to temptation. Thanks again.

Love,
Larry

This was something I've been thinking about for the past 5 days. When I was originally invited about 2 weeks ago I was very excited and figured out my costume and the timing and everything. And then this week, one of my teeth became loose and I realized that I had no dental insurance, no dentist and no money to really deal with this. I'm in a bit of pain, more like discomfort and eating has become a bit of a task. I'm trying to be careful while I try to find ways to get it fixed without getting more deeply in debt. It will work out. I've started taking Tylenol PM at night to sleep when the pain gets too bad. That's the only thing I've taken. Sigh...
I've given it over to God and will just wait to see what develops. That's really all I can do. Thanks for listening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

We do the footwork and the outcome is left to God. If you get too squirrelly we'd love to see you at the nooner.

9:28 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I have a string and a doorknob.
hehe

No, sorry you're in pain. But, you know what they say ...

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home