Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: It's been a fishy day.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

It's been a fishy day.

I spent the morning cleaning the fish tank. I've had a snail problem for a while now and was determined to kill the little suckers. After taking out the fish I poured salt in the water in the tank and left it sit for an hour. Salt is supposed to kill snails, right? Then I took out all the gravel and soaked it in bleach water for an hour. Bleach is supposed to kill snails right? Filled the tank back up and watched the cute little snails climb out of the gravel and back up the sides of the tank. I give up!

My neighbor gave me a gallon size bag of fresh, frozen, fairly large shrimp 2 days ago. I made shrimp scampi, barbecued shrimp, shrimp stir fry and today just plain boiled shrimp. Boy they were good but I know not to get my cholesterol checked anytime soon.

It's been one of those days where I did my list of things to do and then sat down and finished a book instead of doing all those chores. Well, I don't know about you, but I do stop and smell the flowers now and then. ( It's really too hot to go out there and smell them but I can see them from the window.) Everybody needs a day off once in a while. Tonight I'll do the grocery shopping and tomorrow in the early morning the laundry and then clean and then my weekend will be over. It all goes by so fast. What do you do when you just chill out?

2 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

I like to chill out at Lambda Center. It keps me centered, thus I don't put off or procrastinate. Things just seem to happen when I take the right action.

Be careful with that bleach in the tank. If there's a trace of it left, it can kill the fish.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you serious?

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home