Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Born in the USA and with a Great Butt

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Born in the USA and with a Great Butt


I've just been watching Bruce Springstien and the E Street Band on PBS. Sure brings back memories of the 70's. His band consists of others plus Patti Scialfa, Clarence Clemons, Steven Van Zandt, Max Weinberg and Nils Lofgren. I remember Nils from way back thanks to my brother Lance. When Bruce's hair got curly, so did my brother's. When Bruce started working out so did my brother. They were both an inspiration to me to change....Me. Course I didn't start working out until the 80's and by then I had almost no hair and the curly thing just wouldn't have worked. He's a great father and husband from what I hear from my family. Actually that's not true. I think he's a great father and husband and I think his wife, Margot, thinks so too. The rest of my family? I don't know what they think. It's too bad we can't communicate more but now that I'm working and sober and they've always been working and sober, we're all just too busy or tired to talk much. Plus they all have kids and I only have Max. He, by the way, is going to a kennel for the first time ever in our 7 years together. I know he'll be OK but it will still be an adjustment to him. I'll be gone for 7 nights and it's almost as traumatic for me as it will be for him. LOL I hope his memory doesn't go past 5 years as he was 2 when I got him and he'd been on the run, for quite a while, or, so said the DR.. He spent quite some time in a kennel waiting to be adopted. He only weighed 45 lbs. And looked pretty scruffy. He now weighs 65 lbs. And I swear it's all muscle. I get my workout every morning when we walk. Opps. Nine O'clock. Almost time for bed. Later all. Oh, PS all. April/Doughgirl is back and boy am I glad. Or girl, am I glad. Whatever works for you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

Drat, was hoping for a nAAked Thursday entry.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im glad to be back and I hope you have a great trip my friend :)

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going somewhere? QN
Tee hee.

11:03 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Wow I guess Scott has the right idea!

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home