Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I wrote this before I knew the DSL worked.

Monday, August 15, 2005

I wrote this before I knew the DSL worked.


3:50 AM August 15, 2005

It’s early as you can see. Max woke me up to go outside and I let him out and gave him a few minutes to do his thing. I opened the door and was standing there; squinting out into the dark cause I didn’t have my glasses on, when I heard voices. I look up and there on the steps leading to the apartment across the way are two people, kissing, I think. I yelled, “Oh my God!” Then I started giggling. I would think the last thing my new neighbors want to see is their old, paunchy neighbor standing in his doorway in his underwear. I know I wouldn’t want to look at that sight more than once! Of course as I went to shut the door, she said, “Hello Larry.” Great! They did see me. So now I can’t go back to sleep. So far this weekend my ISP hasn’t worked most of Friday night, was working again Saturday morning and right through the whole day and then Sunday afternoon it died again. Still isn’t working and I’m really looking forward to an end to this intermittent service. I get my DSL sometime this morning. I’ve heard both good and bad opinions of SBC DSL. All I want in an ISP that works everyday. I get on at different times everyday and night. So, I’m writing this in Word and I have to admit it’s a lot easier to read it like this. I may do it this way from now on.

Well because of prodding from my sponsor I’m now trying to attend more meetings. I must admit I can justify most of my reasons for not attending every single day. If I can get to work by 4 or 5 AM I can make the 12:15 PM meeting. If I don’t get up and moving that early I’ll try (like this morning) to go to the 6:30 AM meeting. It’s the evening meetings I don’t like to go to. It’s not that I don’t like the meetings. It’s more about how tired I am from my day and the fact that I don’t have many good friends that go to the night meetings. Yes, I know, I can make new friends at those meetings. I’d rather stay home and read a good book. Face it. At this time of year there’s little on TV anyone would want to watch. So I guess I’ll continue to do my meetings in the wee hours of the morning and early afternoons. If I do that I could make at least one meeting a day. I’ll try.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a good boy. I thought you no longer could accept anonymous bloggers? Momma Noor

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home