Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Anger, Rage, Not Me. Not Today.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Anger, Rage, Not Me. Not Today.

I had a good, productive day today. Got to work early, made the 12:15 meeting, ran a few errands with a friend, picked up a few groceries for dinner tonight and came home. As I pulled into the parking lot I noticed the maintenance guys going around the building and one of them gave me a dirty look. I thought, oh boy, someone's not in a very good mood. Parked the car and went to greet the dog at the gate and he jumped on the gate and it opened. I turned around and the guys were coming back and I asked if they'd left the gate open and they said yes. They were working and couldn't keep locking the gate each time they came through. I said, why, the dog could run away. The surly one said it wasn't their problem. Then someone, either him or me, got pissed and the word fucking was used a few times. His Dad just stood there. I locked the gate right in front of him, went in the house and slammed the door. Came in mad but not the usual fucking blind rage that used to be my norm when something like that happened. I was mad, yes, but not beyond reason. I sat down, composed myself, stared at the phone and thought about calling the landlord. He'd be really pissed, I know. I decided not to call but to make sure next time I see that guy that he and I are going to have a little,calm talk. We'll come to an understanding or I will call the landlord. I hope it won't come to that. Thank you AA.

1 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

Maybe you should post some type of notice or sign about locking the gate. Expecially if there are others that use that gate besides yourself.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home