Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: When I Was Drinking

Sunday, May 29, 2005

When I Was Drinking

especially towards the end, I lost a lot of stuff. My DVD player, my VCR, Computer, my car for a night. I'd meet these guys at the 611 and bring them home and pass out and wake up and stuff and money would be gone. I'd swear never to go there again, then get drunk and do it again. Sometimes I wonder how I could be so stupid but I know it was really about drinking. Tonight, not 10 minutes ago, one of "those guys" came to my gate and rang the bell. As soon as I saw who it was, I closed up my PC as I don't want anybody to know I have one again. It's too portable and to be honest there isn't much security at my place. Of course, Max would just lick any intruder and welcome them in. Sometimes I think he's too darn friendly. I find it hard to believe that any of them would still come around. Everytime they do I tell them how long I've been sober, that my life has changed and that it's nice to see them but don't come back. They always walk away mad and then 3 or 4 month later, they're back. It will probably go on like this forever until I move. My apartment is nice and mid-way between the bars and the crack neighborhood. How handy. Now that I've thought about it I'm sure, for them, it seems like yesterday that I was still partying and an easy mark. But for me, it's been about 1 1/2 years since I did anything with them and I'm not going back. If I wasn't worried about shooting off my foot I'd seriously think about getting a gun. No worries, I won't.

3 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

i'll trade you my street guys for your street guys.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell you can have mine too...Now dont get rash and buy a gun...simply tell them you're not interested :)

1:03 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

It isn't just the material things we lose in active addiction or drinking...it's really about self-respect, the respect of others, self-esteem and the ability to function as a reasonable human being.

Nice post.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home