Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I set the alarm for 4 am.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I set the alarm for 4 am.

and I actually got up. My plan is to go to the 6:30 am. meeting this morning before I go to work. On Tuesdays is a BB study and luckily for me it's Step 1. Yea, I've done this one and only this one before. That was about a year ago and I think I'm ready to start again. That will make my friends at AA happy but of course, I'm not doing it for them. It's for me. I read a lot and yesterday I couldn't find anything to read as I was on my way to the laundro-mat and thought oh well, there's always the Big Book. So I read a few chapters and took my time doing it. I can read really fast but that doesn't include thinking while reading! It was worth it. Like going to the gym, I felt good for doing a positive thing in my recovery. Have a Great Day

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a strange way for your sponsor to communicate with you. but we now should get together so that you can formally do a first step a second time. Bring to our meeting, once you have scheduled it, a list of individuals affected by your drinking and drugging and a parallel list of the consequences that occurred. N

8:47 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

i like perpindicular lists, myself

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home