Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I'm so tired.

Sunday, May 29, 2005

I'm so tired.

I've recently complained to my sponsor and my therapist about how tired I seem to be lately. I really thought that once I started working out I'd feel more energized and I don't. When I first quit drinking I couldn't sleep at all. Now I seem to sleep constantly. I slept good Friday night and then I lay down for a nap on Saturday afternoon around 4 pm and I didn't wake up till 8:15 pm. Jeese. Then I slept last night till 5 this morning. Now I feel like taking a nap again. Nobody should need 15 hours of sleep each day, should they? I'm not depressed. I used to sleep a lot when I was depressed. Maybe I'm getting too much exercise at the gym. I'm sure my trainer wouldn't agree. Heck, I'm not bored. I've got lots to do. I just feel tired. My therapist says I've gone from standing still to suddenly going 60 mph. Both he and my sponsor suggested I give it another month. Patience has never been one of my virtues. I'll try.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannen,

Being tired is our bodies way of telling us to slow down. THink about it though we never slept, life was one constant party. In the beginning we have to break that pattern and try to get some sllep. Then when our bodies start recovering from the abuse it took, it requires more sleep...Enjoy it while it lasts..lol :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I agree that you should jsut keepon keeping on. Your body (emotionally and physically) needs time to adjust to the new schedule that you are giving it. It takes a little time though. Don't give up 5 sit-ups before the miracle.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i had the exact same thing happen to me. So i will share my experience: i was completely dehydrated! this is what is causing the tiredness. drink water water and more water and you will see a dramatic difference.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Hannen said...

OK Thanks for the info and support. Who is lettingitgo? Like your name. Leave your address next time or so I can link to you if I figure out exactly how to do that.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home