Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I really do want to quit.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

I really do want to quit.

What's in it for me? Still need convincing? Soak up some instant gratification by reading these after-you-quit quick facts.

20 minutes: blood pressure and pulse rate decrease
8 hours: carbon monoxide and oxygen levels in the blood return to normal
1 day: chances of having a heart attack decreases
2 days: nerve endings regenerate; sense of smell and taste are enhanced
2 weeks: circulation improves and lung function increases
1-9 months: coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue and shortness of breath decrease
1 year: chances of having a heart attack drop by 50 percent
5 years: chances of having a stroke are reduced to the same levels as a non-smoker
10 years: risk of dying from lung cancer is about half that of a current smoker
15 years: risk of coronary heart disease and death become roughly equivalent to those who've never smoked




Mae West
Originally uploaded by donbo7011.
I really want to quit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

I wanted to be a non-smoker by the time I was fifty, but that didn't happen. At fifty I was trying to learn how to be a non-drinker. Considering the events in my life of late, this issue is directly in front of me. It's time for me to re-read Alan Carr's book again.

8:08 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I assume that you are talking about quitting smoking.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has become blatently evident that I must quit smoking as well....love ya

8:49 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

When you are ready to quit, you just will one day. You will see.

I have not smoked for more than 10 years and one day, after countless trys, just quit, like that. Without thought, drama or chaos.
It will happen to you too.

BTW: Congratulations on your 7 months!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home