Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Every once in a while these meditations really hit home for me.

Monday, January 01, 2007

Every once in a while these meditations really hit home for me.


I like this one:

Serenity builder: Personality,,,

Program Principle: Let your light shine for all to see.

"When you stop drinking, you have to deal with this marvelous personality that started you drinking in the first place."

Jimmy Breslin, contemporary American journalist and social commentator.


Jack C.


The Serenity Project
http://us.f821.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=jack@thecompleteserenityprayer.com
http://www.thecompleteserenityprayer.com

The other day, while I was doing my laundry I saw dAAve sweeping the street and went over to say Hi. He mentioned the book he read called The Easy Way to Stop Smoking. He told me to look it up on his blog, which I did and a few days ago, I ordered it. Should be here in a few days. I know, everybody tries to quit smoking on New Year's Day but I went out and bought a carton last year to get me through the next few days. I'm hoping to finish the cigs and the book at about the same time. I had been cherishing my only vice....that I still do. I gave up drinking and then I gave up bad foods and lost those 23 lbs and now, for some reason, oh yeah, so I can breathe and quit coughing all the time, I'm going to quit smoking. Oh gosh! Next thing you know I'll start exercising. Oh No! Then if my hair grows back....I'll be perfect!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Pammie said...

Oh I loved that! Happy New Year.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Happy New Year. Thinking of you today. Take it easy.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Happy Wednesday! Hope you're well today and not snowed under with filing.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Redhead Gal said...

You'll be amazed at how nice you smell and how bad smokers smell after you quit too. Good luck!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

I smoke therefore I am.

Hope you're well.

Re: your comment - it sin't easy staying close to an AA group. Sometimes I want to tell them to f*ck off and mind their own business. But I don't. I grit my teeth and "act as if".

Have a groovy day.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

Love the quote about personality. That's priceless!

I'm rootin' for you in the no-smokes department. You can do it. Just go for it! You'll be amazed how much more energy you have after a while.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish only the best for your smoke freeness!

Gwen

9:02 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

I hope that all is well

8:17 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Hola. Hope you're well today, H.

:-)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Barbara said...

The next time you pick up a cigarette, just think about the 6,000 toxic chemicals in it, including plutonium, which is used to make bombs! Barbara altman, author of recovering from depression, anxiety, and psychosis, available on amazon.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home