Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: When I went home to Pennsylvania last Spring I

Thursday, November 16, 2006

When I went home to Pennsylvania last Spring I


was driving my two nieces somewhere and the oldest one (18) said to me, "How do I get the window down? There's no button." I explained that all she had to do was grab that handle with the little knob and turn it. I guess she had never been in a car without electric windows. How scary. So someone just sent me this email and although I'm sure some of you have seen this before, it bears repeating. I'm old but I'm not that old.

Do you remember?
1. Blackjack chewing gum
2. Wax Coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
3. Candy cigarettes
4. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
5. Coffee shops or diners with tableside juke box s
6 . Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard stoppers
7. Party lines
8. Newsreels before the movie
9. P.F. Flyers
10. Butch wax
11. Telephone numbe rs with a word prefix (OLive-6933)
12. Peashooters
13. Howdy Doody
14. 45 RPM records
15. S&H Green Stamps
16 Hi-fi's
17. Metal ice trays with lever
18. Mimeograph paper
19 Blue flashbulb
20. Packards
21. Roller skate keys
22. Cork popguns
23. Drive-ins
24. Studebakers
25. Wash tub wringers

And now that I think about it I remember getting our first computer, at work, in 1990. Wow. I am old.

1 Comments:

Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Goodness. I feel old. Thanks very bloody much! Ha! Lmao.

;-)

Have a great USA holiday.

K

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home