Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: As if I didn't feel bad enough...

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

As if I didn't feel bad enough...

I've been sick the last three days but still going to work for a bit everyday. Today, I only made it for 2.5 hours and was on my way home, driving down this feeder road that has a speed limit of 35 mph. I was only going 40 mph. and the guy who was on the other side of the median flashed his lights at me to warn me there was a cop on the other side of the hill. I went over the hill, past the cop, over the next hill and flashed my lights to warn the next person to come along. There was another cop just over that hill. He ran out in front of me and waved me into his parking space and boy, Howdy was he pissed. I told him it seemed like the polite thing to do at the time. He threatened me with immediate county jail time and kept on yelling. Ignorance of the law is no excuse, blah, blah, blah. (in the old days I might have joked with him, but not now) I got all subservient and did the yes sir, no sir, please sir, don't arrest me sir, routine. I promised never to flash my lights again! I kept thinking...I don't feel good now. How am I going to feel after a year in jail? Will I still have this cold? I'd have got out of the car and licked his boots if I had to. I was being that meek. He let me go and I said thanks for not arresting me and drove off. I didn't flash my lights once, on the way home.

6 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

Why is it illegal to flash your lights? We used to do that all the time in Kentucky. Seems you are getting a bit too close to the law lately. Be careful.

9:27 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

It won't be cold for long.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hey, coppers! How's about laying off the victimless crimes for awhile?

1:06 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Oh geez what now I have to stop flashing my lights too.......imagine going to jail and having to say "all I did was flash my lights and now I'm sitting in jail for a year!"...OMG...don't they have better things to do like arrest drug dealers and killers. O.K. I'm shutting up now.
I see you,
JJ
PS: I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks...I know.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

I hope you are feeling better.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow crazy day huh...Im glad that you are feeling better and you got away..miss ya :)

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home