Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Rainbow Trout

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Rainbow Trout


I had a flashback today. No, not the one caused by Acid, but just one from my childhood. We used to go, as a family, to a neighbor's patch of land where they had a stocked pond when we were kids. The Schisler's were so cool. Mr. Schisler worked in the Moonlite Mushroom Farm in PA. My Mom and Dad and brother and I would go fishing in their pond. I can't remember if my sister was there yet. I'll ask her. It was a great time. We'd catch fish, Lance was better at it than I, and bring them home and Walt would clean them and Gus would cook them. Mmm. Good. I bought a Rainbow Trout tonight for dinner. I caught it at Randall's. It' was only $3.99 lb. and tasted delicious. It brought back all those memories. This is an addition for this post. I recently remembered going fishing with my dad and brother when I was about 22. Walt spent most of the night before getting all the food ready. Can't remember what we ate but knowing dad it was unusual and tasty. Things like water chestnuts wrapped with bacon, special deviled eggs, etc. Lance, my younger brother went right down to the waters edge and threw in his line. Dad and I headed for the trunk of the car where the beer and food was. We drank and ate and Lance just kept on catching fish. We just sat there in companionable drinking, eating silence. We never really had much to talk about, dad and I. I know he loved me but what can a "real man" have to talk about with his Gay son. Lance is the most like dad of the two of us. I just got his bald head and drinking abilities and maybe his sense of humor. My brother's a great father, husband and provider. Ah well, we're both a little like dad. No more fishing stories.

2 Comments:

Blogger lash505 said...

I love to eat rainbow trout

4:43 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Who are Walt and Gus?

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home