Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Just left Senor Rita's

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Just left Senor Rita's


Seems fitting somehow. There is so much traffic right now. Everyone's looking for somewhere to eat and drink. We were all supposed to meet after our AA meeting at Senor Rita's but when we got there they were out of food and closing. I gave up and came home as I already ate and was just going along for the fellowship. People kept pulling in the parking lot as we were leaving. I only saw one other restaurant open. Everyone has cabin fever, I think.

My good friend dAAve picked up his 2 year chip tonight. I'm so proud of him. Who would have thought. Maybe someday I'll be able to do that. Only time will tell. What do I have now? Let me see. July 5, 2005. You figure it out. I was thinking the other day that I'm still obsessing about the actual number of days I haven't drank. I never thought I could do what I've done so far. How much better my life is. The quality of my friends, my relationships at work and elsewhere. I thank God everyday. Now if we could just have regular TV programming again, everything would be wonderful!

2 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

Thanks Larry.

You don't have normal TV?

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you checked out the new drug Campral? I'm much like you and along with working the program, it has helped so much in taking that obsession of alcohol away!

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home