Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Oh, What a Night!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Oh, What a Night!


Had a great day, yesterday. Was very productive around the house. Then I went to the Lambda fundraiser. What a good time! They had everything you could think of. Moonwalk padded thingy, kissing booth, darts, pie throwing, pie eating, cake walk, free food and a card reader. Some people brought their dogs and of course, the weather was perfect. I went around 6 and stayed till 7:30 and then headed past Hobby airport for a party a friend of mine was throwing. I only knew 5 people out of the 60 who showed up, when I got there. By the time I left I knew at least 30 more of them. It was fun. I was just a little worried going there cause I figured I'd be the only sober person there but turned out there was one other one. The rest of these folks were real drinkers. No one got sloppy except for a few of my friends who got lost on the way to the party. I think they got lost because they had been drinking before and then during the trip there. I wasn't upset but it made me stop and wonder if I was like that. I briefly thought about them driving home, later, but realized immediately that there was little I could do. They'd never leave their car there. You know drunks. Everyone thought it was so funny, their story about getting lost, running out of liquor from the flask, the attitude that was flying around the car and their inability to see the road signs. I don't know yet if they got home safe but so far I haven't seen them on the news. You know you just have to say to yourself, "I'll do what I can and let God do the rest." At least that works for me. I would be very sad if something bad happened to them on the way home but I have to remember that we're all adults and in theory, responsible for ourselves. Enough about that. It was a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home