Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Rita's almost here.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Rita's almost here.


I just got up after a little nap. I haven't been sleeping very well lately. Duh. Chris is just going to sleep on the recliner. I was a little worried that we might get on each other's nerves being in such a confined space for what? 3 or 4 days? It's just midnight and it's starting to rain. Wind gusts up to 51 mph. It's not over yet. The eye will make landfall around 3am. Currently, 160,000 people don't have electricity and won't for several days. Yesterday and the day before our temps were right at 100 degrees and of course, 80 to 90 % humidity. Oh please don't let us lose power here! Want to know what it's like to live here? Sit in a steam room for an hour and imagine doing it for 24 hours for 4 days. Yuck! Well, good thing is, our skin doesn't dry out. We look really young over here. Ha. Statistics. Hmm. 57,000 people left Galveston before Rita got here. 2.5 million evacuated Houston. It was a mess but a really good learning experience for us and our city government. I think they did a pretty good job considering we'd never tried this before. Course we had Katrina for an example to follow. We drove around some yesterday and saw a lot of police cars. Especially in my neighborhood and I was glad to see them. So far I've only heard of 2 incidents of looting since all this started. The police caught them right away. I'm keeping an eye on the neighbor's house for them. They gave us their cell phone numbers to call if we noticed anyone doing something suspicious. There was a guy riding around in our parking lot this afternoon sort of checking things out. I went out with Max and held him back and loudly said NO, Max, No! The guy took off. Guess he couldn't see Max's little tail wagging. He's so friendly and looks pretty scary. Well, best sign off before the power goes. Just wanted you to know what's been going on and that we're OK. So far. L.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Good news and I hope it continues to miss you! Great picture, I have also changed your link image to use a bit of your rainbow, its beautuful! Hope you like it :-)

2:23 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Storm?
What storm?

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home