Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Some things are just meant to be....

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Some things are just meant to be....

This morning my calendar said my friend Janet was moving today. I called but got her voice mail and left her a message that if she needed help to just call me. About an hour later I went out to do some shopping. First I went to the hardware store and then to the 99 cent store. Got what I needed and as I was leaving I noticed a friend from AA standing behind the building among some parked cars. I immediately thought he was taking a discrete pee. He wasn't. He was waiting for Janet to come out of the 99 cents store. He was helping her move. When she and Beth came out of the store and before she saw me I heard my name mentioned. She was just getting my message I'd left her before. So I got to help her and Beth and Joey move her stuff. I'm really out of shape but pulled my own weight and we got a pretty good haul the first time. Mostly the really heavy stuff. Joey and I got to pretend we were butch. I had a nice time and while I didn't make it to the Houston Food Pantry today, there's always tomorrow. I didn't get home till 4 pm. and I was really tired. Still am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott W said...

Ah, doing service work will definately keep you sober. Glad Janet got moved. She's so cute, isn't she?

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Janet is so nice. I love seeing her at Lambda

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home