Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I've been watching Bambi.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

I've been watching Bambi.

I remember this as the first movie I ever cried over. I sort of remember crying when his mother died. I've got to ask my Mommie Dearest how old I was then. It was released in 1942 and I wasn't born till 1951 so if I saw it when I was 5 it would have been 14 years old by then. I can still remember sitting in the seats at the theater with mom and my little brother Lance. Little did I know that this would be one of the defining moments in my life. I also remember crying when Ole Yeller died. Just a preview of what was to come. I can cry. I get misty eyed at meetings, at Hallmark commercials, after reading a good book and even just communicating with someone on the phone. I'm almost to 7 months of sobriety and I don't see any changes in my ability NOT to cry. I don't always like it when it happens but it's usually because I'm moved by whatever is happening. I'm so easily moved. I can laugh about it now. I sort of thought that once I got sober I'd stop crying so easily but doesn't look like that's going to happen. Ah well. It's cool to see these old movies that I saw as a kid and wonder what I was thinking way back when. At least I'm thinking now.

5 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

I'm the same about crying. These days, at least it's about feeling good, although I still cry when I think about those last months of drinking. Sometimes called "incomprehensible demoralization."

I wuz gonna do a post about Bambi today, but decided not to. I had some venison instead. ummmmmm

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave (HP) is too much! I have the same memory of Bambi. Up to and including crying. When I saw it was on, I declined. Thought it might be too much. Now I wish I had watched. It's good to know we share this event. Thanks. Queen Noor

4:20 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

Queen Noor, they were showing Bambi in Jordan today? We are blessed by your company, Your Majesty.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

My mother always says that my tear ducts are to close to my bladder - some of us are built that way I guess! I used to get really embarrased .... now I just think that it's probably the person who is watching that suffers the embarrasment - let them deal with it!!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannen

I love that movie..I thnk it's great that you can cry. Getting to tears is the hardest thing for me. I feel them coming and I have that internal switch that just shuts them off. I don't know why that is, but Im sure I will figure it out sooner or later.
Crying lets you release whatever emotion you are feeling. Its a good thing. So dont stop ...k

:)

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home