Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: All kinds of good news...

Friday, October 20, 2006

All kinds of good news...

I got my bloodwork back yesterday and saw the Dr. Looks like my numbers are good enough that I don't have to go back on the HIV drugs at this time. Yippe! I have, as of 10 minutes ago, started on Lipitor for my waaay toooo high cholesterol. That's OK. I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to make it to 60 or 70. OK. Or 80.

I'm having dental problems which is something I always drank over, before. I was (am) so scared of the dentist that I never went because I was always drunk by the time my appointment was due. Every time. For years and years. When I finally got sober, I told myself that I could face anything, even the dentist. Everytime I now have an appointment I have to remind myself that I'm sober now and I don't have any excuses about why I can't go. I just bite the bullet (though not very hard) and go to the appointment. It's like going to the gym, not that I go but, it's the same feeling of accomplishment of doing something that's good for yourself.

Serenity Practice: Courage...

Program Principle: Pray for the courage to change the things you can.

If you are not living on the edge, you take up too much room."

Native American saying



Serenity Practice: Procrastination..
.
Program Principle: Do the unpleasant or unattractive first and get it out of your way.

"Procrastination is best put off until tomorrow."

Unknown author

Jack C.
The Serenity Project
jack@thecompleteserenityprayer.com
http://www.thecompleteserenityprayer.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is great news Hannen ;)

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home