Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Someone wrote in a card yesterday

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Someone wrote in a card yesterday


So you've finally hit the speed limit. I turned 55 yesterday. It was a nice day, low key, balloons at work with a small cookie cake. No fuss, no muss. We cut it, each got a piece and everybody went back to work. Are we brainwashed or what? Went to dinner with some good friends and had a really nice time. Good food too. My brother, my mother and my friend Carlo all called and left birthday messages and really bad singing. It's funny. Last night at dinner everybody talked about retiring. Everyone is looking forward to it, except for me. I've already done it once and if I have my way and my health, I'll work till the bitter end.

6 Comments:

Blogger Recovery Road London said...

A belated 'happy birthday' to you. Excuse my tardiness.

:-)

1:33 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Happy Birthday.
And I hope the end is not bitter.

7:42 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Happy Birthday...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

God, you're old! LOL Congrats!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Happy Birthday!! Do people really go 55 in Houston?

10:41 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Happy Birthday Baby. I hope all is well at your end of the world. Sorry I haven't been by your blog lately.....busy.
I see you,
JJ

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home