Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I think it was the dead & dried out scorpion behind the microwave that really did it for me.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

I think it was the dead & dried out scorpion behind the microwave that really did it for me.


That's really when I started to think maybe we came to the wrong place. I took pics and I'll load them as soon as I get home but let's just say the brochure might have exaggerated the pros instead of the cons of our weekend cabin getaway. I swear, it's so dry at Canyon Lake that just one match in the wrong hands and everything would go up in flames. What with all those Mesquite trees everywhere it would be one hell of a barbecue! As Jewel and I sat sweating in our little cabin that really wasn't any bigger than my one room apartment. Where the AC had been on, full blast, all day long, she said do you really want to stay here another two nights? I'd never even thought we had any other options and said so. We looked on the net and found a lovely Holiday Inn with a pool in New Braunfels. That's where we are now and boy Howdy, this is one well air conditioned room. I'm glad we came and after a day of shopping (I got a nice little cast iron pan) and sightseeing in Gruene, were going to go take a dip in the pool. Tomorrow, weather permitting, we'll go over to the city tube shoot and do some tubing. It shouldn't be nearly as crowded as it was today. Then we'll do a little shopping and some eating get another good night's rest and head back home on Tuesday morning. My car looks like I've been climbing mountains in it. We sort of have. So all is good. I haven't even been tempted to drink. That's a blessing. Later all. L.

4 Comments:

Blogger lash505 said...

You can't ask for anything better than AC. I know what it feel like with out AC.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I would not want to be somewhere where there was a dead dried scorpion either LOL

5:02 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Dried scorpions are tasty with BBQ sauce and real mayonnaise.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

Scorpions rock. Also a German heavy metal band. :-)

What is 'tubing' please? Or shouldn't I ask? Lol.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home