Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Max and I just walked up to the store.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Max and I just walked up to the store.


He met a nice lady waiting for the bus and we visited for a few moments. I tied him up outside like I always do and went inside to get cigs. While I was paying for them I heard that woman screaming and went outside to find two big dogs attacking mine. Max was still tied up and the guy who owned the dogs (looking to be at least 70) said they just got away from him. I was yanking on their leashes and trying to get them away from Max and screaming at the mother-fucking asshole (JJ you'd be proud) to get them away from my dog. He reined them in and headed around the corner and I told him I knew where he lived and if there's any vet bills for my dog, he was getting them! He actually lives right behind the store. I know him. Well, not his name but I know my dog hates his dogs and vice versa. I always give them a wide berth when I encounter them on our morning walks. He and his partner often walk by our yard and Max goes crazy. I just realized, I never walk Max by their yard. Why do they insist on going by mine? There are many other streets they could take...are they just egging Max on? I don't like it. Not a lot I can do about it. Max seems to be OK. He is a tough doggie. We're both much tougher that we look. Don't you know?

8 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Gal said...

I have found with dogs that they pretty much can take care of themselves. Glad yours is all right.

8:56 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

You forgot to buy max something at the store and he is pissed.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a BIG dog and a lil dog. I was looking for a pic of Max. Could not find. We had special training with our big dog and I won't walk her because of the possibility of her getting away. I take her out back but not off the property. Big dogs must be trained and it takes strength to be the alpha. I had to lay down on top of her in the middle of the street once. Not because she wanted to attack but because she wanted to play and was mad I would not let her. I could not control her so I had to lay ontop of her. Talk about a sad sight!!!! That was the last time I took her for a walk. John has full responsibility now. I really hope your Max is OK and sorry you are dealing with the rudeness of other dog owners.

G~

9:42 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Not defending the actions of the other owner or his dogs, but ...
didn't you say that Max was tied up outside the store, not your yard? They are both out in public, right? And yours was unattended, as I understand it.
Had they come inside your yard and attacked, you would certainly have some legal grounds.
Just an observation from a (possibly more) objective view.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Sorry about Max

6:20 AM  
Blogger GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Sounds like your still alive and your feet are firmly on the ground.

Peace...


Jonathan

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I just stopped by like I occasionally do and I am so glad to see you back posting. I have missed you. Glad that you and Max are ok, hope you day is going well today.
:)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

My dear, you need to post more.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home