Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: For me, being Serene means not being afraid.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

For me, being Serene means not being afraid.

Serenity Practice: Open Mindedness...
Program Principle: Change demands openness...


"Be open-minded, but not so open-minded that your brains fall out."
Stephen A. Kallis, Jr., Contemporary American writer

Jack C.
The Serenity Project


My cold seems to be gone. Normally (while I was still drinking) I'd get a cold which would turn into a sinus infection that would end up as bronchitis or pneumonia. However, this time, I got the cold, continued to work everyday but got lot's of sleep and medicated only with Alka seltzer Cold Plus and chicken soup. (not together) Exactly 7 days later the cold is gone. It's a miracle. I have to admit I was miserable during those 7 days. Another miracle is I'm getting a tooth pulled on Thursday and I'm not afraid. That I'm looking for a new apartment and I'm not stressed out. Yet. That everything in my life is going well and that I'm able to cope on a daily basis with all of it. I don't have to or want to hide in a bottle. That's the real miracle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rex said...

Good Health is an awesome thing!

8:13 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I am glad you are able to copy on a daily basis.
I mean cope.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I am definitely healthier now, in many ways...

2:06 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Sounds like God

7:47 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

It is truly a miracle. Don't know the how's or the why's, but it is a miracle.

12:40 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Miracle.......yes! I'm glad you are feeling better.
I see you,
JJ

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home