Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: It's 3:15 am. and I'm awake because....

Friday, January 20, 2006

It's 3:15 am. and I'm awake because....

I have so much going on in my head and all around me that's it's hard not to be a little scared. I've got all these changes about to happen (guess it's called life) and I'm trying to accept it all without flipping out. Here's what I'm thinking about on a daily basis: 1. My job is expanding and moving. 2. I may or could get a promotion w/pay. 3. I'm thinking about dating. (this one really scares me) 4. I'm going to the dentist today for my first sober teeth cleaning. 5. I'm thinking about dating. 6. I need to train Max to be caged. 7. I want to move to a full size apartment (more than one room) 8. I may get off SSD. 9. I'm finally starting the steps with my sponsor. 10. Wondering if a testosterone shot would work? 11. A PT cruiser now only costs $13,000.

So, I guess I'm normal, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I strongly suggest you talk with your sponsor about these things.

First Things First
One Day (Thing) At A Time
Keep It Simple
Give It Time - Time Takes Time

These cliches have become cliches because there is a fundamental truth to them. Go easy on yourself. You don't have to do it all at once.

Take good care,

10:06 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

I have nights like that too Hannen. In addition to doing what Sam suggest when I find myself having that sort of night I stay in bed, breath deep, and repeat over and over in my head, "IN WITH THE GOOD" as I breath in and "OUT WITH THE BAD" as I breath out. It will not solve the things you are thinking about but it helps me to keep my mind off of them so I can get a good nights sleep. Most of the time it works. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
I see you,
JJ

2:25 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Once you have formally gone through the steps with a sponsor who has a sponsor who has a sponsor etc... all the other items become second nature as to how to react to them.
The solution to all our problems are in the Big Book, when we know how and where to find them.

4:47 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

O.K. I am worried...you o.k.?
I still see you,
JJ

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home