Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I did say he works in mysterious ways, didn't I?

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I did say he works in mysterious ways, didn't I?


So, I get home from work, I'm looking at the mail, walking into the kitchen area when I realize I'm walking on water. Not in the Biblical sense but actually wading through the kitchen. Water from above and I don't mean Heaven. There is water all over everything I own in the kitchen area, including the stove and fridge and my new food processor! You can imagine, I wiped that down first. Called the landlord and the guys came and then checked with the upstairs neighbor who mentioned when she took her shower today the curtain went over the drain and the shower overflowed. Judging by the amount of water in here, she didn't notice it until her shower was finished. I'm still not moving this month. I'm still going to get apartment insurance this month. I still think I'm going to do the next right thing. At least, I'll try. The guys are going to repatch the pipe and replace where the ceiling came down in the flood. Maybe that will hold for a few more months. Oh yeah, I didn't yell or scream or throw things or bitch anyone out or even think about drinking. I am not happy about having to wash everything with disenfectant. Who knows where that waters been? Ewwww.

By the way, the art is from some guy named Scott Woodard. Pretty good, eh?

6 Comments:

Blogger LauraZena said...

Toni & I are very glad you didn't have a drink. Are you referring to the water or the alcohol? You really shouldn't be drinking either one.

By the way LauraZena is Miriam (Toni's better half). :oP

Toni wants to know if you want the tv now or when you finnnnnallly move.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Scott W said...

You could have at least linked to my art blog. The Art of Scott Woodard

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be grateful the water was clean not sewage.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

So walking on water is overrated? (-:

3:44 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Probably, you sholuld have just linked to MY blog, http://texandave.blogspot.com and someone would probably find Scott's art blog while perusing.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

6:19 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

I heard "that guy" Scott Woodard is an awesome painter. I even have an original from his collection. It is proudly hanging on my bedroom wall.
I see you and Scott,
JJ

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home