Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Ever have food poisoning?

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Ever have food poisoning?

I cooked and ate dinner and then went to do laundry. Started feeling queasy just as I was leaving and when I got home I started to throw up. A lot. So now I wonder what did it? Was it the chicken. It looked done but I remember when I was picking it out of the refridgerator at Kroger's that all of the packages felt like they had been defrosted and then refrozen. You know how they just feel like one big lump. Or was it the potato? I washed it but maybe I should have peeled it. Or was it the sour cream? It tasted alright. Could it have been the snow peas? Maybe the dressing I used to marinate the chicken. I don't know. Now I'm afraid to eat any of it again. Just the thought makes me nauseous. lol So, I guess I'll call Kroger's and see if they'll take the chicken back. I'm not going to eat anymore of it. That's for sure.

After posting this last night, I got a few comments about how really, really sick I'd be if it was food poisoning. I believe it can be mild or massive. I've had it (from eating shrimp) where I was in lots of pain and cramping and hugging the toilet and hurling for hours and hours. Diarrhea too. That time it didn't happen until about 14 hours after I ate. This time it was mild with general queasiness and happened about 2 hours after eating. Something wasn't right last night. Cause really, I feel fine this morning and I didn't have any more episodes while sleeping. Who knows? I'm still not eating the rest of those chicken breasts!

4 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

Babe if it was food poisoning I don't think you would be able to type a post. I once got food poisoning or whatever it is called from chicken even though my ex and the girls didn't - it was because I was the one handling the chicken and I guess I didn't wash my hand enough (I now wear latex gloves when handle meat).My ex hubby found me passed out on the floor in the bathroom with throw-up and feces all around me(not a pretty picture). Off to the hospital I went vomiting and you know what else the whole time. I was so out of it I really didn't care. Once they got some fluids in me and I realized what had happened I thought I was going to die from embarassed. Anyway I must have diarrhea of the mouth rigt now. I hope you are feeling better. Try foods like soups or crackers = you know light foods. I really do hope you feel better.
I see you,
JJ

11:17 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Hows the coffee?
I see you,
JJ

8:54 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

The coffee's great, JJ.

I've had food poisoning twice, in the lovely Sahara Desert. Africa. umm, that was fun!

8:56 PM  
Blogger JJ said...

Save me some turkey.
I see you,
JJ

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home