Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: Mike and I were doing errands this morning...

Monday, November 28, 2005

Mike and I were doing errands this morning...


and I was telling him I tried to do a gratitude list this morning but blogger wouldn't let me post. He mentioned that not many of our friends and acquaintances ever think about having gratitude for all of their blessings. You know how bitchy some gurls can be, especially if you work in the hair industry like Mike. I sort of laughed and said it's a shame that more people don't take the time to realize just how good their lives really are. Yes it's true. Life isn't perfect and neither are we. But if most people would just take the time to think about all they really have they should feel something in the way of gratitude.

Today I am grateful for:
Friends who really understand what I'm trying to convey.
This unbelievable weather. 56 degrees at night and 76 in the day.
For the sun that shines down on my bald head and makes me warm.
For my too friendly dog.
For food in my fridge and a roof over my head.
Life on life's terms, all without alcohol
That I might just be feeling some of that Christmas spirit
That I get paid this week...Twice
And that blogger seems to be working today!

2 Comments:

Blogger JJ said...

What a lovely post and so true. I am grateful in so many ways and one of them is for the great community of bloggers I have run across in a clean and sober world.
I see you bro,
JJ

3:15 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thank you for this reminder of gratitude. Somedays the most we can be grateful for is a roof and food.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home