Link I'll never drink again Vol. 2: I signed up a few days ago to

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I signed up a few days ago to

http:// www.thecompleteserenityprayer.com It's pretty self-explanatory, don't you think? Today's quote is, "Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking." I'm not always real quick on the uptake. lol I thought, what the heck does that mean? Than I finally got the caravan & oasis bit and the rest fell into place.

It made me think about yesterday's meeting. I was really excited to be back and a combination of work, traveling and being sick had made it really hard to get to my 12:15 meetings, hence I'd been gone for a least a month, maybe more. I felt like I was missing my family.

Yesterday's meeting was about, to me anyway, faith and how our lives have changed since we got sober. That made me think about how much my life has changed. I was drinking all the time vs not at all now, drugging & doing hustlers vs not at all now, living inside my head, thinking only about me vs not at all now, only helping others occasionally vs a little more now, being angry at friends and family vs not at all now, being sad and poor vs. not hardly at all now (I'm still an emotional being who cries at Hallmark commercials). I could go on and on but I won't. Needless to say, my life has changed considerably and friends and family have noticed the changes in me. When they say something about how much I've changed I think who are they talking about? It's a lot like when I started taking Prozac about 15 years ago and after 6 months or so, I told my friends that I was going to stop taking it as I really didn't need it anymore. They all looked scared and begged me to please keep taking it. It surprised me, like it does now, at how much people thought I'd changed for the better. I know now it's really important to "Remember what it was like then and enjoy what it's like now."

1 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

yep.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home